2023-05-05 Porto Banca E Seguros Ref: 252-000203-1
The AML L2 Officer performs an initial review of alerts escalated by AML L1, followed by more in-depth investigations for alerts that warrant an in-depth investigation.
- Deliver a timely and efficient investigation of alerts escalated by AML LI by ensuring alerts are correctly prioritised by order of date or risk category and by handling the alerts efficiently, working effectively with internal stakeholders to obtain all relevant information;
- Conduct diligent desktop research to assess relevant data for each alert which will often include KYC, payment details, account activity, clients counterparts business activity, records of counterparts' owners and directors, location and choice of payment vehicle;
- Write and think clearly and succinctly to produce cogent and incisive investigation reports. The investigation reports should allow the reader to understand the logic of the investigator's assessment of risks, the conclusions to close or escalate the case and to easily link the investigators findings to the evidence collated by the investigation
- Keep updated on developments around the world and locally in the market concerned so as to make intelligent assessments in a broad range of cases whether the payment flows give reason to suspect any type of financial crime, whether this be money laundering, tax evasion, sanctions circumvention, bribery & corruption, financing of terrorist activity or other types of criminal activity
- Contribute to the team's organisation and coherence by facilitating discussions within the team (eg at morning meetings)
Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and tools by identifying and measuring process inefficiencies or tool deficiencies, escalating these so that proposed changes can be assessed and sharing bet practice with other AML L2 and Compliance Hub Teams
- Native French Speaker + Advanced level of English;
- Bachelor's degree or master's in Economics, Finance, Banking, Insurance, etc.,
- Up to 2 years of experience in Finance / Law / Economics or related area.
- Salary+ Meal Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Transport Allowance
- Monday to Friday - 8h to 17h